[birdky] BirdKY: KOS Riverwalk Field Trip

  • From: Beckhambc@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 15:04:53 EDT

The trip to the Riverwalk in Shawnee Park in Louisville produced 67 species.

Canada Goose
Mallard
Common Loon (1)
Double-cr Cormorant
Gr. Blue Heron
Black and Turkey Vultures
Red-t. Hawk
A. Kestrel
Rock Pigeon and Mourning Dove
Yel.-billed Cuckoo
Chimney Swift
Kingfisher
Red-bel. and Downy Woodpeckers
N. Flicker
E. Phoebe
Gr. Cr. Flycatcher and an Empidonax sp.
White-eyed, Blue-headed, Warbling, and Red-eyed Vireos
Blue Jay and A. Crow
Tree, No. Rough-winged, and Barn Swallows
Carolina Chickadee and Tufted Titmouse
Carolina and House Wrens
Ruby-cr. Kinglet and Blue-gr. Gnatcatcher
Gray Catbird, N. Mockingbird, and B. Thrasher
Starling
Nashville, Yellow, Cape May, Yel.-rumped, Palm, Blk.-and-white Warblers
Common Yellowthroat
Summer and Scarlet Tanagers
Towhee
Chipping, Song, Swamp, White-throated and White-cr. Sparrows
Cardinal
Rose-br. Grosbeak and Indigo Bunting
Red-wg. Blackbird, Grackle, and Cowbird
Orchard and Baltimore Orioles
House Finch and A. Goldfinch
House Sparrow

It was a fine spring day with a little bit stronger winds than we would have
liked. But it was great to be with birders from different areas of our state
and from Indiana.

Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville,KY