[birdky] Ballard Phalarope

  • From: "Record, D. Scott" <DSRecord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:42:36 -0500

Enjoyed great looks at a Wilson's phalarope at Mitchell Lake this
afternoon.  This may well be the same bird that Hap and Melissa reported
last Sat.  If it is, it has been in hiding all week.  Much of the
mudflat is now covered in emerging vegetation and birds are growing more
difficult to detect.  Several times this bird and several pectorals were
hidden from my view in the tall grass and sedges.  It treated me to a
short spin in shallow water before heading back to stalking the mud.
Other birds present include:

Pectoral sp  20-40
Killdeer   75+
L yellgs   5