[birdky] Bald Bob

  • From: "Michele" <mrscoop7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bird line" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:07:03 -0400

Every year around this time, one of my back yard cardinals goes bald.  We call
him Bob.  Bob goes bald when he has a youngin following him around insisting on
being fed.  Mind you, the youngins are as big as Bob.  Poor Bob flys back and
forth from the feeder to the constantly chirping baby. For a week or so, Bob
patiently coaxes the little guys to the feeder until they eat on their own..
Last year the stubborn kid sat on the feeder but refused to bend over and pick
up his own food. He insisted (loudly) that Bob pick up the seed and put it in
his mouth.That lasted 2 days.  Bob finally flew to a nearby tree and left him
there. The squawking child sat on the feeder for about an hour yelling his head
off.  Poor old Bald Bob just sat up in the tree and watched. The little guy
finally got the message that he was on his own and started feeding himself.
It was only than that Bob flew off.

Humans arn't the only ones to have problem children that make you lose your
hair.

Michele
Louisville KY.