[birdky] BKY: lexington migrants

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BirdKY@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:18:23 -0400

Very few migrants were found in lexington and vicinity this weekend. 2
Blackburnian, 1 Magnolia, and an empid were seen. I also had what I
believe to be a Mourning Warbler; it was clearly one of the dark
green-backed, no wing bar warblers. It was bright yellow underneath
including the under tail coverts and belly, the tail itself was dark,
and the yellow faded on the throat. There was no yellow on the cheek, it
showed a slight eye streak, and the head appeared grayer than the
shoulders. It made no sound even though it was clearly agitated by the
pishing, instead it fluttered and fell around like a chicken with its
head cut off and flashed its under side in my direction.
Scott
lexington