[birdky] BKY: Red-necked Grebe sighting

  • From: Chad Wilson <chadwilson25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdkentucky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:15:25 -0500

Hi all

I just read the email concerning Red-necked Grebe sightings and I just
wanted to report that I spotted one yesterday at Basil Griffin Park here in
Bowling Green.  It was swimming around one of the small islands on the side
of the lake nearest to the tennis courts for those familiar with the area.
I did manage to get a grainy photo of it for ID purposes.

Unless there is a downpour this afternoon I am planning on going and
looking again to see if it is still there.

Chad Wilson
Warren Co.