[birdky] BKY: Long-tailed Ducks in Louisville

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:44:36 -0800 (PST)

We went to Ashland Park on the Indiana side to look at the Long-tailed Ducks.
We counted 16 in a group out in the middle of the Ohio River. They were down
river from the Second Street bridge.

There were also several rafts of scaup.  White-winged Scoters and Goldeneyes
were still present between Kingfish and Buckhead restaurants. It is really neat
to see the Goldeneyes bobbing their heads back and forth performing their
mating rituals.

Good birding,
Jane and Pat Bell
Louisville