[birdky] BKY: Birds on the Ohio River this morning

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:21:28 -0800

There were lots of birds on the river this morning when we arrived . Brian
Johnson showed us the Red-throated Loon as soon as we got out of the car. A
nice array of ducks were seen - Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringed-necks, Lesser
Scaup, Scoters, Buffleheads, Goldeneyes, and Hooded Mergansers.

While scanning the river Pat located a Long-tailed duck out in the river. NIce
bird to also add to our list.

Thanks to Tom and Colleen Becker for alerting us to the presence of the loon -
a great bird.

Good birding,
Pat Bell
Jane Bell