[birdky] Aldersgate Camp

  • From: PAUL HAGER <jphager@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:36:27 -0400

I was at Aldersgate United Methodist Camp and Retreat Center in Estill
County from Monday afternoon through 10 Wed. Morning.  While I got little
time to bird, there are lots of birds to see.  Varied habitat -- fields,
buildings, forests, water. etc.

Identified -- Mourning dove, E. Wood Pewee, willow flycatcher, Acadian
flycatcher, E. Phoebe, red-eyed vireo, American crow, T. vulture, blue jay,
chipping sparrow, song sparrow, house sparrow, barn swallow, cliff swallow
(at Fitchburg furnace), northern rough-wing swallow, C. Chickadee, Tufted
titmouse, Carolina wren, house wren, indigo bunting, cardinal, red-winged
blackbird, blue bird, robin, mockingbird, starling, four adult wild turkey
with c. 9 poults.

deLorme, 53, D7 at Fitchburg.

Paul Hager
Berea, Madison CO.