[birdky] 6 gull species in Louisville tonight

  • From: Jamie Baker <jamiedarylbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ky Rare Bird <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:52:10 -0500

We had six gull species late this afternoon on the Ohio River in Louisville
(main basin above the Falls of the Ohio). One adult Lesser Black-backed
Gull, one adult Glaucous Gull, one first year Iceland Gull, one first year
Great Black-backed Gull, a small number of Herring Gulls, and a couple
hundred Ring-billed Gulls.

A scope is essential. If it's sunny out I think viewing from the KY side
may be best, but if it's cloudy either side of the river is about as good
as the other.

Jamie Baker
Louisville, KY.