[bhi-l] Re: My new hearing aids. Am I being got at, , or am I wanting too much???

  • From: Danielle Burton <danielleburton94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bhi-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bhi-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 11:16:51 -0400

Unfortunately, that is about the price of good phonak hearing aids. I have
Phonak hearing aids myself and I really like them. I am totally blind with mild
to moderate hearing loss and wear hearing aids in both ears. I was also lucky
to have my state vocational rehabilitation pay for both my hearing aids and the
FM system.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 13, 2015, at 10:18 AM, Paul Magill <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

Today I went for my hearing test with the audiologist at my provider, and
after the test, we discussed what I wanted in the new hearing aids.

I said I would like manually switched T-coil access, to have all auto volume
related features permantly off on at least 1 program, to have improved
connection to landline & mobile phones, and as much ability as possible to
be able to understand conversations in groups, and where there is a lot of
echo, as those situations cause me a lot of trouble...

I was recommended the Phonak V90,
http://www.phonakpro.com/com/b2b/en/products/hearing_instruments/audeo-v/hea
ring-aid.html
which is the only 1 of the 4 options to have all of these features, but I
nearly fell of the chair, $8000!

Is that the way it is now?

5 years ago, I paid less than $1000 for the plain basic ones I have now.
$8000 just doesn't seem reasonable to have those features added!

Am I being got at, or am I just wanting too much???

With thanks in advance,
Paul from Sydney

To contact the list Moderator, send a message to
bhi-l-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

To contact the list Moderator, send a message to bhi-l-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.