[bhi-l] Re: My new hearing aids. Am I being got at, , or am I wanting too much???

  • From: Bernard Hemmings <bhemming@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bhi-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 01:07:48 +1000

It sounds right but check with other providers. If they are not
subsidized $5000 was the average price some years ago . Make sure
you have a trial period. They should let you try the model for 2
weeks or a month.
You will probably find some claims are exadurated. so check on the
trial situation before you spend that large chunk of cash after all
for that amount you want the bes.
Oh yes I heard these days some models aree water proof. That will
be great when you could where them in the shower. I don't know if
they are that capable yet but it would bee good not to worry about
getting caught in the rain while out walking.At 12:18 AM 14/05/2015, you wrote:

Hi All,

Today I went for my hearing test with the audiologist at my provider, and
after the test, we discussed what I wanted in the new hearing aids.

I said I would like manually switched T-coil access, to have all auto volume
related features permantly off on at least 1 program, to have improved
connection to landline & mobile phones, and as much ability as possible to
be able to understand conversations in groups, and where there is a lot of
echo, as those situations cause me a lot of trouble...

I was recommended the Phonak V90,
http://www.phonakpro.com/com/b2b/en/products/hearing_instruments/audeo-v/hea
ring-aid.html
which is the only 1 of the 4 options to have all of these features, but I
nearly fell of the chair, $8000!

Is that the way it is now?

5 years ago, I paid less than $1000 for the plain basic ones I have now.
$8000 just doesn't seem reasonable to have those features added!

Am I being got at, or am I just wanting too much???

With thanks in advance,
Paul from Sydney

To contact the list Moderator, send a message to
bhi-l-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Bernard Hemmings:
email: bhemming@xxxxxxxxxx
Skype: bernard hemmings
Mobile: : 61-0412177799.
phone: 61-2-95841280.
fax: 61-2-95841281
to turn good hardware into a paperweight install any Microsoft product.

---
is active.

To contact the list Moderator, send a message to bhi-l-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.