[beusa] BeUSA Grand Opening Newsletter

  • From: "Charles Raiff" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <beusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:02:24 -0700

BeUSA Grand Opening!!!
Welcome to  the first edition of the BeUSA newsletter.
BeUSA is now ONLINE and operational!.

BeUSA Mission Statement:
*     It is the mission of BeUSA (http://www.beusa.net) to
      help provide up to date information and development
      tools for private developers in the Be Operating
      System.  Through different mediums, BeUSA will do
      everything in its part to aide in development of
      cutting edge freeware for every use possible.

BeUSA Merchandise:
     Available through BeUSA are three different kinds of
     merchandise.

     1.)  Available through BeUSA, you can purchase
Resource
           books for BeOS.  We carry around 6 different
           titles to choose from, including The BeOS Bible.
     2.)  Also available through BeUSA, you can purchase the
           Software for BeOS. You can purchase the officail
           Be Operating System (both version 4.5, and
           version 5.0) Professional Edition.
     3.)  But the best merchandise available through BeUSA,
           are our Cafe items.  T-shirts, Sweatshirts,
           Mousepads, Ball Caps, and other items are
           available, usually humourous computer shirts.
           (If you have an idea for a shirt, please read
           below.)

     * - All profits from Merchandise Sales go back into
         the website, to better serve you.  Also, depending
         on monthly sales, grants maybe given to persons
         who are developing quality freeware.
This Months Feature Software:

   Blender 2.0
      Blender is a free and fully functional 3D modeling,
      rendering, animation and game creation package for
      Unix, Windows and BeOS systems. Blender is
      distributed without sources, it is exclusively
      developed and maintained by the Dutch company NaN.
        This software is free to be applied for any purpose,
      excluding commercial distribution.

  * Go to http://www.beusa.com/ to check out and download
Blender
     and check out  the Virtual Guide for Blender.

BeOS Developer's Tools:
  * We have many great tools for BeOS developers.

 Including the official Be Develooper's Tools, we have the
  following developer's tools:

*  Be Basic Compiler - Be Basic Compiler is made for
create
                       gui application in language basic.he.

*  BeXL 2.0 - BeXL is a GUI Visual IDE, generating code for
              standard BeOS objects and for BeXL own modules.

*  SpLocale 1.3.3 - SpLocale offers a tool to manage the
                    languages preference list and a simple
                    but very powerful localization editor.

*  V3X 1.62 - Full featured 3D engine for BeOS.

*  OpenKernel 1.1M - OpenKernel is the only free software
                     toolkit specifically designed to let
                     you construct high-performance,
                     portable TCP/IP and Internet servers.

BeOS Resource Books:
  BeUSA offers the following reference books to help
  developing for Be.

*  The BeOS Bible -  (Scot Hacker, Henry Bortman, Henry
                      Bartmen) - $24.49

*  Practical File System Design with the Be File System -
       (Dominic Giampaolo) - $34.95

*  BeOS: Porting Unix Applications (Martin C. Brown) -
$50.00

*  Be Advanced Topics (The Be Development Team) -
$39.95

*  Be Developer's Guide (The Be Development Team) -
$18.99

*  Programming the Be Operating System (Dan Parks
Sydow)
    - $10.00

                  Welcome to BeUSA!

                                    Respectfully,

                                   BeUSA Webmaster
                                 webmaster@xxxxxxxxx
                                http://www.beusa.net

Are you a graphic designer / artist?

BeUSA is always looking for graphic designers and artists
 to come up with great high quality graphics for our
merchandise.  If you  have  an idea for  a shirt or hat,
please send an email to artwork@xxxxxxxxxx

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com