[bes_comp_eco] Forest dynamics postdoc position in Cambridge [if you're brilliant, lucky and prepared to write a short proposal]

  • From: David Coomes <david.coomes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Smith <ud8mm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:43:01 +0000

Our administrators have sent around an advert for funding from an unusual
source.  All I need to find is an excellently qualified postdoc interested
in applying for it  and a large dose of luck.

The project I'd like to pursue would involve using repeat-measures lidar
imagery to characterise forest disturbance at a regional scale and then
explore the impacts of disturbance on regional carbon fluxes using a forest
simulator.  The work would build on these two papers:

*Quantifying variation in forest disturbance, and its effects on
aboveground biomass dynamics, across the eastern United States* by Mark
Vanderwel, David Coomes and Drew Purves in Global Change Biology.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gcb.12152/abstract

and
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2745.2011.01920.x/abstract

Please contact me if interested!