[beports] Re: includes not included?

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:34:20 -0700

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Schrijvers Luc <Begasus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On ma, 2008-05-12 at 10:31 -0700, scott mc wrote:
>> >  Try these for a start:
>> >  CPPFLAGS=-I/boot/home/config/include
>> >  LDFLAGS=-L/boot/home/config/lib
>>
>> Ok will try, but now my next newbie question, where do I put these?
>> In a config file somewhere?
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/config/ CFLAGS=-I$HOME/config/include
> LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/config/lib
>
> Or you could replace $HOME with /boot/home*

Ok, now I've been trying ports in this order,
Unzip them, copy a Haiku config.guess file over any config.guess file
already in the port folder, then trying:
./configure --prefix=/boot/common
If it complains about not a valid target, I then use a modify the
config.guess file to have beos in place of haiku.  If it can't find
libraries or include files I expand my ./configure to:
./configure --prefix=/boot/common CPPFLAGS=-I/boot/common/include
LDFLAGS=-L/boot/common/lib
where the CPPFLAGS=-I is a captial i, damn gmail for defaulting to a
sans font :( I was typing in a lowercase L

Anyways, I'm progressing through the media-libs and much of the LibPak
this week.  My goal is to have most of the LibPak stuff working by the
end of May.  Tricky part seems to be to build things in the correct
order as many of them depends on other things first.  So some are
getting built more than once to make sure it's getting build with all
the right things in place.  Learning a lot as I go here.  Thanks for
the tips everyone.
Oh and I am liking the /home/common much better, it's a few less
characters to type and makes more sense in the long term.
-scottmc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts