[beports] Re: curl.diff

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 07:36:46 +0200

Am 24.05.2008 um 00:41 schrieb scott mc:

Andreas,
On the Curl.diff you have,

#ifdef __BEOS__
#ifdef __HAIKU__
/* Haiku has FD_SET defined in sys/socket.h and no socket.h */
#include <sys/socket.h>
#else
/* BeOS has FD_SET defined in socket.h */
#include <socket.h>
#endif
#endif

Shouldn't this be rewritten like this, for the day when __BEOS__ is
removed from Haiku?

I did this before the discussion, to avoid a build failure (we do not have socket.h).

Also what should happen for Bone/Zeta on this?

No idea, I don't have any of those.

#if defined __BEOS__ and !defined __HAIKU__
/* BeOS has FD_SET defined in socket.h */
#include <socket.h>
#endif

#ifdef __HAIKU__
* Haiku has FD_SET defined in sys/socket.h and no socket.h */
#include <sys/socket.h>
#endif

I thought of changing it like this when I uploaded the modified patch yesterday. I didn't check if it's necessary at all. I'm not claiming my patches are perfect but they work for me. :)

I did not do any __BEOS__ elimination passes for any ports of mine. To do so in a meaningful way, I'd need a way to remove the definition of __BEOS__, and I still haven't experimented with that. Otherwise it's just theory!

Andreas

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts