[bcbirdclub] Southern Gap this evening

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 21:51:13 -0400

Found myself near Southern Gap at 7:30 this evening so I thought I'd look and
listen for possible Woodcock. While walking around on the hill above Sykes I
was surprised by a flyby of a Short-eared Owl. I really thought they would be
long gone by now. A few minutes later I did find a Woodcock peenting in the
undeveloped land in front of the Sykes building. I stayed until 8:30 but the
bird did not do a display-just kept peenting. I also saw 2 small shorebirds
take to the air from the same area. No idea of the species, their call did not
match a Least ,but probably one of the Peeps. I think I'll try to get back over
there tomorrow.

DaveR/Breaks