[bcbirdclub] Loggerhead Shrike

  • From: Laverne Hunter <lavernehunter52@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Buchanan County <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 08:23:52 -0800 (PST)

Last week Tom and I saw the Shrike where we have not seen one in Russell County
before.  The diagnostic features were the black mask and a shorter tail than
the Northern Mockingbird  The habitat there does not look conductive to
supporting a  Shrike population.  We saw the bird on a power line east of
Lebanon and near the trailer park before the intersection of Rt 19 and Elk
Garden Road. .It should be interesting if anyone or we see a Shrike there again.
Laverne