[bcbirdclub] Fw: Great Blue

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 23:30:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Skip McClellan
To: Roger Mayhorn
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 6:50 PM
Subject: Great Blue

Took the camera out today.  Temp was 74 degrees.  The warm day brought out the
old Great Blue Heron.  I was able to get a fairly good picture although he was
in the shade at late afternoon.  He is a resident bird, as I have seen him
almost everytime I visit my country club lake.  Had a Great Egret and a Red
Tailed Hawk spotted but could not get close enough to take a decent picture.  I
know you guys are looking forward to spring.

Stay Warm and Good Birding
Skip McClellan
Conroe, Texas