[bcbirdclub] Re: Desk Birding - 2 Life Birds!

  • From: Daniel Kendrick <kendridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx" <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>, buchanan county bird club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:49:38 -0400

Ed,
Congrats. Since you just got 2 life birds while laptop birding and I believe
that you are required to do a life bird dance(s), you could conclude that it
would be considered a Lap Dance! (I once had that happen to me once, but it was
kinda smokey, dark and ......)
Dan

From: aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 09:15:50 -0400
Subject: [bcbirdclub] Desk Birding - 2 Life Birds!
To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buchanan Birders,
Got in a fantastic hour of birding this morning at my desk and even managed to
pick up a couple life birds in the process.  I was checking over my life list
with the recent changes to the ABA list and realized that I could add two more
life birds to my list.

The first was the recent split of the Sage Sparrow into the Bell's Sparrow and
the Sagebrush Sparrow.  Michelle and I have seen this species in both the
Sacramento Valley of California and Arches National Park, Utah - our first life
bird of the morning.

Next the Winter Wren populations have been split into the Winter Wren in the
east and the Pacific Wren of the west.  I've got video of this bird on both
coasts so chalk up another life bird for us! (#515 on the ABA list)

We also changed the name of Common Moorhen to Common Gallinule.  Now if the AOU
would just approve the Yellow-chevroned Parakeet breeding population in the
Miami area.........

Ed TalbottRichmond, KY