[bcbirdclub] Desk Birding - 2 Life Birds!

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 09:15:50 -0400

Buchanan Birders,

Got in a fantastic hour of birding this morning at my desk and even managed
to pick up a couple life birds in the process.  I was checking over my life
list with the recent changes to the ABA list and realized that I could add
two more life birds to my list.

The first was the recent split of the Sage Sparrow into the Bell's Sparrow
and the Sagebrush Sparrow.  Michelle and I have seen this species in both
the Sacramento Valley of California and Arches National Park, Utah - our
first life bird of the morning.

Next the Winter Wren populations have been split into the Winter Wren in
the east and the Pacific Wren of the west.  I've got video of this bird on
both coasts so chalk up another life bird for us! (#515 on the ABA list)

We also changed the name of Common Moorhen to Common Gallinule.  Now if the
AOU would just approve the Yellow-chevroned Parakeet breeding population in
the Miami area.........

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY