[bcbirdclub] Burkes Garden Outing

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:07:21 -0500

Hi Everyone,
Just a reminder that our BCBC trip to Burkes Garden is scheduled for this
Saturday, Jan 31. We will meet at the Hardees in Tazewell at 8:00 a.m. Those
planning to eat breakfast there may want to get there a bit earlier, so we can
get an early start up to the Garden. Bring your small radios so we can keep in
touch as we drive through the area.
Of course all of this will hinge on the what the weather does. If we have snow
Friday night we won't be going. Right now the forecast for the Garden is an
inch of snow on Friday with an additional inch Friday night. We shall see.

On another note we had a record number of 11 Northern Flickers in the yard
today, all probing the ground with their bills. We also had one Pileated
Woodpecker on the ground for a few seconds.
In addition we had 12 Pine Siskins, 3 Purple Finches and unfortunately, 13
House Sparrows. It seems after years of being without them, they have returned.