[bcbirdclub] Breaks Interstate Park 6/15/11

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:09:16 -0400

My cousin, Steve Sweeney & I spent the morning birding several areas of the
park. We enjoyed some good looks @ several beautiful birds. Bird song &
activity are at their peak now that most birds are in the "family way". We
logged a total of 39 species, with 9 of those being warblers. Warbler species
included;Blackburnian, Bl-th Green, N.Parula, Yellow-th, Worm-eating, Ovenbird,
L.Waterthrush, Hooded, & Swainson's Warblers. Also noted were Blue-headed,
Red-eyed& Yellow-th Vireos. Eastern Towhee, Scarlet Tanager, Wood Thrush &
Eastern Bluebird made their presence known. I really expected the list to be a
little longer but the amazing looks we had at those warblers made up for it.

DaveR/Breaks,VA