[bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Downloading Books

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:50:21 -0800

Hi Jackie,

I'm glad that you were able to activate your BookCourier. I will revise the instructions based on your comments. It sounds like you have found a bug in the transfer process. I will try to recreate the problem here. In the meantime, you can try transferring World History onto your second flash card. You should be able to transfer just a portion of the file.

Katie

At 10:33 PM 1/10/2006, you wrote:
Hi, Katie,

I successfully downloaded "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  I
have a 256MB CF card, and 235MB were avalable when I downloaded this book.
After the dosnload, 7MB were available.

I then tried to download the other book.  The transfer tool read the first
disk of World History, but when I put in the second disk I got an error
message: DAISY filter error: This volume, "World History: a Human
Experience" is not part of "World History: A Human Experience."

The amount of available space should not affect the assessment of the disks,
right?  Is something wrong with the disks?  What should I try?  I have one
other card but it is 128MB, and only has about 40MB left.

- Jackie McCraw

Katie Walker
Springer Design, Inc.
katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx