[bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Downloading 2-Disk Book

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:45:44 -0800

Hi Denise,

I'm glad to hear that you had some success with the other multi-disk book. I will talk to RFB&D about your situation. Unfortunately, they do not want testers to send CDs to us directly. I'm trying to work out some process for us to get the actual disks that the testers are having problems with. In the meantime you can try testing the following features:

  • Pause and restart a book
  • Fast forward/reverse
  • Navigate by the various levels
  • Use the Go to Page feature
  • Use the Where am I feature
  • Set a bookmark and go to that bookmark
  • Use the sleep timer while listening to the book
You can also try loading subsequent portions of the multi-disk book onto your card. Make sure that the next section of the book picks up where you left off reading in the first section.

Thanks,
Katie

At 09:44 PM 1/11/2006, you wrote:
Katie,

I tried downloading the world history RFBD test book again on the card that
had about 44MB left.  I got the same filter error as before when I put
volume 2 into the D drive.  So ... I had some other audio-plus books from
RFBD, and one of them was a two-disk book: book no. MM824, America: Pathways
to the Present; it is a US history book.  It downloaded well: both disk did
their thing, then I went back to disk 1 and 43 MB were transferred.  It
reads okay on the Book Courier also.  So something must be wrong with their
test book.  Maybe you should check with RFBD.  Do you want me to send you or
RFBD the test book in question?

I think the important thing is that another two-disk book downloaded very
well.

Do you have a test protocol, or should we follow the survey, or what would
you like us to test, exactly?

- Jackie McCraw

Katie Walker
Springer Design, Inc.