BBspot Update - 5/21/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:30:53 -0400

Cool toys from all the cool shows.  Lord of the Rings, Simpsons, X-files,
Monty Python etc.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=briggsb

NEW STUFF

A trailer review of the multi-natural disaster film The Day After
Tomorrow...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/review_day_after_tomorrow.html

Sam Cinema reveals movie mistakes you didn't know about...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/sam_cinema.html

Top 11 computer guides you'll never see...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/top_11_computer_guides.html

Will you be able to pull the plug on your computer?
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/living_wills.html

China tries to improve the quality of its bootleg movie copies...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/copiers.html
--------------
SITE NEWS

- The move to the new server is complete.  Looks like the DNS has widely
propagated and the kinks have been ironed out.  Thanks to everybody for
their patience in the move. I've also lightened the home page even more so
it should really fly now.

- This week's poll was "Favorite Gaming Console"  Find out the winner.
(http://bbspot.com/polls/2004/21-May-2004.html)   Check out next week's
poll:  Most Self-important (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

I'm not sure I want popular opinion on my side -- I've noticed those with
the most opinions often have the fewest facts.
-Bethania McKenstry
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Play a little cricket on the barbie...
http://www.sabcsport.co.za/games/cricket.htm

Unbroken codes...
http://elonka.com/UnsolvedCodes.html

Strange games from E3
http://www.waxy.org/archive/2004/05/16/e3_oddba.shtml

Proof that Japanese people have more time on their hands than Americans...
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~msittig/bento/

Phone in sick...
http://www.anxietyculture.com/sick.htm

OR