BBspot Update - 5/14/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:00:42 -0400

Cool toys from all the cool shows: Lord of the Rings, Simpsons, X-files,
Monty Python etc.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=briggsb

NEW STUFF

Geek Horoscopes
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/horoscopes_20040514.html

As if you didn't have enough trouble using the semicolon correctly...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/quartercolon.html

Top 11 signs you're eating too much junk food...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/top_11_junk_food.html

The most persistent Believer yet...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/mailbag_20040512.html

A song parody entitled: Losing My Partition to the tune of REMs Losing My
Religion http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/losing_my_partition.html

Take the Blue Pill
http://bbspot.com/comics/fuzzy_logic/2004/fuzzy_20040511.html

BBspot Labs explores one way to cool down your hard drive.
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/05/bbspot_labs_ice_drive.html
--------------
SITE NEWS

- I'll be moving to a new host this weekend.  Hopefully, all will go well
and you won't notice an interruption in service.  However, if things get
screwy, I blame the monkey.  Also, many congratulations go out to frequent
Costa Rican contributor to BBspot and good friend, Francisco Rangel, who is
getting married on Saturday.

-If you're fond of traveling to the nether regions of the BBspot archives
and the stories contained within, you'll notice that many of the older story
pages have been converted to the new design.  Slowly, but surely, I'll hunt
down all of them and put them out of their misery.  The new design allows
much easier upgrades for me, easier navigation for you and a more consistent
design throughout the site for everybody.  Also, in all this spring
cleaning, I cut out a lot of the excess code and image size on a lot of the
pages, so if you think the pages are loading a bit faster you're probably
right.  They should really fly on the new server.

- This week's poll was "Favorite Video Chip Company"  Find out the winner.
(http://bbspot.com/polls/2004/14-May-2004.html)   Check out next week's
poll: Favorite Video Game Console (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater
things.
-Bobby Knight
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Fly that penguin along with your albatross...
http://www.pro7.de/games/yetisports/part4/

A developer toolbar for Firefox
http://www.chrispederick.myacen.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/

Some good examples of why you should proofread
http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~pinsky/why_proofread.htm

What's the most expensive liquid by the gallon?
http://cockeyed.com/science/gallon/liquid.html

A online RPG with a sense of humor
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php

OR