BBspot Update - 4/23/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:21:04 -0400

Sideshow Toy is our newest advertiser.  They've got cool toys from all the
best geek stuff: The Lord of the Rings, Bond, Star Trek, The Simpsons, Monty
Python's Holy Grail, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Muppets, Young Frankenstein,
Outer Limits, Get Smart, Twilight Zone and Army of Darkness. Check 'em out.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=briggsb

NEW STUFF

Find out if Van Helsing is worth seeing...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/04/review_vanhelsing.html

Ever wish all the errors in Star Trek could be fixed?  They have...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/04/star_trek_service_pack.html

Top 11 RPG Office Supplies
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/04/top_11_rpg_office_supplies.html

There are Believers, and believers...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/04/mailbag_20040421.html

The biggest national security concern of all...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/04/rice_teeth.html

Figure out which Nigerian spammer you are in this new interactive quiz...
http://bbspot.com/News/2004/04/nigerian_quiz.php
--------------
SITE NEWS

- I've settle with The Oregonian about the article they published without
permission.  I think both parties are happy.  Also, a BBspot story will be
turned into a 2-3 minute piece for a TV show on The Discovery Channel in
Canada.  Check out the details in the BBlog. (http://bbspot.com/Log/)

- Summer is coming up, you probably need a new t-shirt
(http://bbspot.com/store/tshirts.html)

- I've updated the BBspot Forums to the most recent version of phpBB.
(http://bbspot.com/forum2/)

- This week's poll was "Best Thing for a Healthy Life"  Find out the winner.
(http://bbspot.com/polls/2004/23-April-2004.html)   Check out next week's
poll:  Most Overused Star Wars Cliche (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

The last time somebody said, 'I find I can write much better with a word
processor.', I replied, 'They used to say the same thing about drugs.'
-Roy Blount Jr.
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

A list of the worst song ever.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2004-04-18-worst-songs_x.htm

World War 2 photos from the Soviet Union.
http://www.schicklerart.com/exh/sovietwar/index.html

Beer Trek
http://www.planetofthegeeks.com/trek/beertrek/

Video game quotes