BBspot Update - 2/2/07

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:22:32 -0500

That's right folks, you read that correctly. Simply browse from the
extensive (300+) list of magazines that best match your skills and
interests. All of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden
fees, and no obligation. A few titles that may be of interest would be
Oracle Magazine, eWeek, or Enterprise Open Source Journal.
Subscribe Free Today!
http://bbspot.tradepub.com/

NEW STUFF

I check out an office missile launcher from the people that brought you
the back shaver...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/review-striker-ii.html

Who will send you flowers when you die?  You will, of course...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2007/02/2520.php

A new distributed computing project is having trouble finding
intelligence at the RIAA...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/01/srii-stymied-in-search-for-intelligence-at-riaa.html

Oh the irony...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2007/01/2525.php

This story got a lot of attention this week: The Windows Vista upgrade
decision flowchart...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/windows-vista-upgrade-decision-flowchart.html

Frodo surfs!
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2007/01/2518.php

The top 11 headlines you didn't see on Windows Vista launch day...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/01/top-11-headlines-windows-vista-launch-day.html

How you know you're in the wrong place for tech support...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2007/01/2524.php

Microsoft is taking an innovative approach to force upgrades to Vista...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/01/windows-xp-sp3-vista.html

It doesn't pay to be picky...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2007/01/2513.php
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- The Digg conspiracy and a possible BBook get discussed in the BBlog...
(http://www.bbspot.com/Log/)

- Don't forget that there are five new BBloopers each week in the
BBloopers section... (http://www.bbloopers.com)

- Vote in this week's poll - "Favorite Feb Holiday":
(http://www.bbspot.com/Polls/index.php).  Check out the winner in last
week's poll "Worst Decision"
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2007/26-January-2007.html)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to
avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes
beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is
likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways.
-Bertrand Russell
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.   All the links during the
week can be found here: http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

Get a Mac ads, UK style...
http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/ads/

A web site dedicated to explaining why you should trust Snape (spoilers
if you haven't read Half-Blood Prince)...
http://www.itrustsnape.com/

Do you know the way to San Jose?
http://www.bvnasj.org/SanJose19752006.htm

A DIY laptop...
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/itx%2Dlaptop/

What looks like a frozen tidal wave...
http://www.harkvideos.com/arctic.htm

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please email me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx
--
Brian Briggs
http://www.bbspot.com