[AZ-Observing] Re: still need that bulb ID

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:02:53 -0700

Well, if that is an athletic field they are illuminating (and it sure looks
like one), they are most probably NOT mercury vapor lights but metal
halides. The shape of the fixtures on the second photo is also a style used
by MH luminaires. Only a site inspection will tell, and it's a 160 mile RT
for me.

Richard Harshaw
Cave Creek, AZ

"Remember:  your mind works faster than you think."