[AZ-Observing] Re: specks flying in formation

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:31:46 EDT

You could not hear them go Honk Honk  or quack quack, of course they might
have been too high for you to hear.  :-)

        Clear Skies
        Dwight L Bogan

In a message dated 10/10/2006 2:13:42 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
m24@xxxxxxx writes:
Last  night when we were watching the Pleiades get occulted, I noticed specks
flying  across the Moon.  At first just one or two here and there I
discounted  them as floaters or dust or something, but  they were soon followed
by an
entire gaggle ~maybe 30 or so in the standard V formation but still nothing
more than just specks. I noticed a few more stragglers after that.  So,  I'm
thinking probably some migrating geese or cranes?  Did anyone else  notice? We
were using about 100x. If they were geese flying in front of the  Moon, how far
away do you think they were?
send personal replies  to the author, not the list.