[AZ-Observing] [sac-forum] From David's GCC Homepage

  • From: <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, AZ Observing <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:54:30 -0700

While looking for an update on the seervices for David, I wound up on his GCC
homepage. Since someday it will not be available I grabbed his bio off it and
pasted it here for safe keeping:

My Background
Education
Bachelor of Science – Zoology, Arizona State University
Bachelor of Arts – Secondary Education – Biology, Arizona State University
Masters of Science – Astronomy, University of Arizona
Work Related
Independence High School, Glendale, Az. 1979 – 2000
Glendale Community College (Arizona) 2000 – Present
Personal
I have lived in the Glendale area since 1963 (back when the dinosaurs roamed
the Earth). I graduated from Alhambra HS in Phoenix (a long time ago) and
attended ASU. I started teaching at Independence HS in the fall of 1979. In
1987 I got married to my wife, Olga, and now have 2 sons. I attended U of A and
received my MS in Astronomy. I came to GCC in the Fall of 2000 to teach
Astronomy.
I am very fortunate because my hobby happens to be Astronomy. I became an
amateur astronomer in May of 1980 and have belonged to the Saguaro Astronomy
Club of Phoenix since then. (www.saguaroastro.org) I feel very lucky that I
teach Astronomy since it is what I really love to do in my free time.
You can come by my office any time and I will talk your ears off about
Astronomy.