[AZ-Observing] Re: Where to go this Friday

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:50:13 -0400

KOFA is 106 miles west of the I-10/I-17 Stack. Take I-10 west to exit 45,
Vickburg Rd, Turn left (south) and go about 8 miles down the road. You will
enter the KOFA wilderness area. The site we used last time is just Southwest
of a crossroads. The Lat Lon is 33.5517n -113.7703w or N33d 30m 32s
W113d 46m 01s

Seems Kind of far Away (Jack Jones' interpretation of the name), but it's an
easier drive than Sentinel, which is about the same distance. Almost all
freeway.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club