[AZ-Observing] Televue Genesis

  • From: William Burke <wjbanjo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 20:54:54 -0700

Observing folks,

I've decided to not sell my old astro-physics scope and have gotten a mount to
use it as an outreach scope so I will be selling off my rather old but very
nice televue genesis f 5. The scope is in rather excellent condition with very
good collimation. The foam in the case has deteriorated and been replaced but
needs some attention. The focuser is original and works adequately well. I have
used a helical insert for fine focusing..I'm asking 825.00 for the scope and
case. I also have a Gibralter mount for sale but no tripod.If any one is
interested give me a call or email. 928 714 0576 or wjbanjo@xxxxxxxxxxx

Bill Burke

From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Blog Update - latest Mirror Lab Casting
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 02:02:26 +0000

Hi All-

For those of you with some interest in the Mirror Lab's casting process, it
appears another success is under the belt, at least as far as I can tell from
5 miles away! The latest blog entry covers the Friday re-naming ceremony of
the lab (now known at the Richard F. Caris Mirror Lab) and the "hot hold"
party they held late that afternoon. Check it out - the time-lapse of the
glass melting is spectacular, as always!

www.theketelsens.blogspot.com

-Dean