[AZ-Observing] 16" Scope for Sale

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 02:29:31 +0000

Hi -
I have a really nice Meade Lightbridge 16" that I'm just not using. This is
the upgraded version with black anodized truss poles, black interior and large
alt. bearings. The primary is really excellent and in virtually pristine
condition. At AASP a couple of years ago we A-B'd it against two 20" scopes
with general agreement that the 16" looked better. Includes a 12V mirror fan,
a 1-1/4" to 2" adapter a Meade Plossl and the original 8x40 finder.

I have added many custom features:

-Quick-release wheelbarrow handles - makes transporting it WAY easier.

-JMI electric focus (Motofocus) motor - fairly essential as the image tends to
shake when focusing.

-Custom nylon light shroud.

-Custom HDPE eyepiece rack holds 6 eyepieces.

-Telrad finder.

-"Self-calibrating" chain counterweight for heavy eyepieces.

-Heavy-duty carry handles if you need to lift it.

-Heavy-gauge woven poly elastic covers keep optics protected and dust-free.

Together the value is somewhere between $2,600 and $2,700. I'd like to get
$1,375 for it - I think that's a great deal.

I'm pretty sure there is a ServoCat version available for this scope - it would
be a great addition.

Respond directly to me at this address if you're interested. Give this great
scope the use it deserves!!

Eric
eric@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxx>