[AZ-Observing] Re: Sun Today

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:58:00 -0800

Jeff Hopkins wrote:

>Actually I was wondering if it was working, but then how can a filter
>not work? The SOHO site confirmed that there are indeed no sun spots.

One other way to answer the question is to observe without the filter.
If you do not see sunspots, then you know there are really none there.
Just joking of course. If you did this your eyeball would would be
completely burned out. For the novice who might be reading this
message,  never look at the sun without a filter that has been made for
the scope you are using.
Stan