[AZ-Observing] Re: SAC PUBLIC STAR PARTY AT THUNDERBIRD PARK SATURDAY APRIL 17, 2010

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:21:56 -0700

I don't know what you are thanking me for, the skies were positively crappy.
It's bad enough that we have to set our telescopes up in totally
light-polluted conditions, but then everything we are even able to see is
all washed out. I take all the responsibility for that (but none of the
blame). Other than that, it was just great! It was a very nice Public Event
and we had 15 telescopes on hand. Someone estimated 200 participants, we may
have had a lot more with better weather (coulda been worse), and we ended up
just short of 9:30pm, which I am sure pleased the Rangers. Thanks everyone
for supporting our Club, amateur astronomy, and our outreach efforts. I am
trying to talk Roger Boyer and Glendale Parks & Rec into allowing a Fall
2010 Event.

Jack