[AZ-Observing] Re: SAC PUBLIC STAR PARTY AT THUNDERBIRD PARK SATURDAY APRIL 17, 2010

  • From: "SkyWatcher" <skywatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:03:09 -0700

AJ,

We did a star party at San Tan Mountain Park (just east of Queen Creek) last
night (april 17th) and like you the clouds we peskie....

We had almost 200 attendees looking at Venus, Mars, Saturn, the moon, a few
bright stars and a few double stars...

That was about all we could pull through the clouds.

We received five calls from college students on my cell phone asking about
the Thunderbird Park event, most could not find the location.
We told them it was still a go and to enter the park from 67th Ave,
hopefully they found you.

Glad you guys do this event each year.  If my schedule permits one day we
will try to get out to it.

I know the Science Center is doing an Astronomy Day event on th 24th.
We are doing an Astronomy Day event at the Challenger Space Center also on
the 24th.
Planetarium shows at 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM.
Stargazing event from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM (doors open for the stargazing at 7
PM).

As always, clear skies.

Tony La Conte
Professional Stargazer