[AZ-Observing] SAC Novice Group info

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:59:00 -0700

Howdy all;

Folks, I am doing this on az-observing because I know that lots of SAC members
are not yet a member of sac-announce, so if you not a SAC member.....delete
this message now, and I am sorry for disturbing you.

I am the web meister for the club and I am going to try and create a member
listing for the Novice Group that will help beginners by providing them with a
mentor that they can chat with occasionally.  The list will be password
protected and the info available will be:  members name, email address, scope
size, observing interests, area where you live.

So, please answer these questions in order:

1)  Are you willing to have your name and email address posted in a members
only area of the SAC web site?
If no, then send that answer to me and I will delete you from the list and
nothing else is needed of you, thanks for your time.  I understand completely
if you are uneasy about having your name and email posted to the site.  I guess
I am just lucky, I get very little spam anymore, so it shows up like a small
price to pay.

2)  If you are willing to participate, then send me an email with this info:

Name:
Email address:
Scope size and type:
Observing interests:  such as--deep sky, planets, scientific data collection,
CCD and video imaging, astrophotography on film, EVERYTHING!
Area of the state:  such as--Scottsdale, NW Phx, Payson, Glendale....etc.

I will compile the list and post it to the "members only" section of the SAC
web page, that will take a while, but I think that it is a worthwhile venture
to allow folks with similar interests to converse via email.

Thanks for your time;
Steve Coe

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx
Author:  Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist