[AZ-Observing] Re: Planetary Alignment

  • From: DERRICK.LIM@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:16:26 -0700 (MST)

In addition to the planetary alignment, comet Utsunomiya will come really close
to Mercury on May 3rd. The comet is not about 9 degrees north of Mercury and
slowly approaching the planet. By May 3rd, its magnitude would have dropped to
6th magnitude, but still, it should be an awesome sight!
Clear Skies!

Derrick

Quoting Orman Joe-P27491 <Joe.Orman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Mercury is now easily visible with the other planets in the western sky
> after sunset.  All 5 unaided-eye planets are now within 45 degrees of
> each other along the ecliptic. This web page by the Harvard-Smithsonian
> Center for Astrophysics is one of the best I've seen on the planetary
> alignment, with a graphic for every evening between now and May 18:
> http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/grandtour/allcharts.html
>
> --Joe
>
> Joe Orman's Photo Pages:
> http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/JoeGallery.html
>
> This is a discussion list.  Please send personal inquiries directly to
> the message author.  In other words, do not use "reply" for personal
> messages.  Thanks.

messages.  Thanks.