[AZ-Observing] Rainbow Pics

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:19:27 -0800

The weather here can give some really nice views from up here on the
hillside. I am learning to always keep my camera ready because some
things, like the sun dog I saw a few months ago, do not last long. I
just got these shots of a rainbow about a half hour ago. I hate to keep
showing images of my observatory, but in this case it is what made the
image. It is at
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/wholearc.jpg

The arc is very close to my place as you can see in the image
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/partialarc.jpg
The hill side the end of the rainbow is superimposed in front of is, I
would estimate, only about 1,000 ft away. I get a lot of rainbows this
close up here. Isn't there supposed to be a pot of gold at the end of a
rainbow? Maybe I am wealthy and do not know it! :-)
Stan