[AZ-Observing] Re: Pierre Schwaar Telescopes (Was: A Smile and a Frown)

  • From: "Steven Dodder" <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 06:29:16 +0000

>From: "Gene A. Lucas" <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>The components of Pierre's 8 inch riding binocular scope are in the
>hands of Steve Dodder.  We have plans to restore it to operation.

This project is next on my list.  However, plans to install it in the 13'
rolloff building at Stone Haven Observatory will be delayed due to damage to
the roof sustained in October, 2003, and funding shortfalls due to my
extended unemployment.  A redesign and proper reconstruction of the building
is in progress.
It's an exciting project, and I have most of the necessary materials to
restore the chair itself, but the building is going to be a challenge.  Any
ideas or input is welcome, offline if you prefer.

Steve and Rosie Dodder
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman