[AZ-Observing] Re: Perseid Video

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:51:38 -0700

Pretty cool Howard.

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Howard Anderson
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:15 AM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Perseid Video

Hi,

Made a lame movie of the Perseid meteor shower remotely via an Orion All-Sky
camera at Rancho Hidalgo in New Mexico:

http://www.astroshow.com/Meteors/Perseid2015BerCam.avi

The All-Sky camera only took one frame per second and I think it used a 1
second integration time so you basically see trails but not moving trails
like in a normal video. I used HandyAvi and the associated IPCameraFilter.

I also tried my camera that is down at my observatory but it was not
sensitive enough.

Thanks,

Howard