[AZ-Observing] Re: Orionid meteors

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:05:29 -0700 (MST)

Hi All-
I was up at the Kitt Peak Picnic Area last night and was blown away by the
meteors.  I believe they were not all Orionids, and there was a good
variety of bright ones leaving short-lived trains and really faint ones as
well.  Rates were easily a couple-per-minute, and even while driving back
to Tucson at 3am I saw 4 while driving, one while in Tucson!  I even
caught one fireball in my camera with the half-degree field of my 11".
All-Az for me tonight - see you-all there!

-Dean