[AZ-Observing] Re: On my way to OSP

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 16:48:32 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
Hi Steve,

What's "book number three" about? Have you talked to Ken Graun of KenPress in
Tucson about publishing your book? He's the one that does the wonderful book on
the historical background of the Messier Objects.

Enjoy the OSP! That's one I'd like to get to one of these years. Were you able
to make it to the Table Mountain Star Party near Ellensberg, Washington since
you were up that way? I enjoyed all the big scopes and nice skies when I
attended it many years ago.

The weather in SoAZ has been breaking up on occasion for a few hours and we've
been having some beautifully dark and steady skies, though with a high amount
of humidity. When the skies do clear, the Milky Way has been spectacularly
contrasty. The Perseids seem to be ramping up already and we had an
ultraspectacular fireball last Monday night around 1am local AZ time that was
recorded by Tom Kaye on his all-sky camera.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)