[AZ-Observing] Last Night

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:03:35 -0700

During the day yesterday I periodically checked the Phx Natl Weather
Service forecasts for last night. The forecast was for partly cloudy
skies and a 10%(I think) chance of rain. Yesterday, towards late
afternoon it looked very bad and it looked like it would be a bad partly
clouded night. However, by 8:30 nearly all the clouds cleared off, and
by 12:30 it was completely clear. It probably completely cleared before
then, but being in the dome I could not see the entire sky. If things
improve for 5MM it will still be a very cold night from the rains. If I
recall correctly form the one time I was there, even though we had not
been in the spell of rain as we are in now, dewing of the corrector
plate was a problem later in the night (around 11pm or so). With the
recent rains, dewing may be even more of a problem.
Stan