[AZ-Observing] Re: IC 342

  • From: jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:57:20 -0700

Sounds like you need to move on from the Herschels, Bill! :-)  IC 342 is on
the Beyond the NGC list and the notes say it is an Sbc-type near Kemble's
Cascade. It says mag 10, but its low surface brightness is what made it miss
the first survey, I'd say. Another one of those Challenge objects in the
"Flaming Star" class (IC 405, a real bugaboo for me), how many more C.O's
are lurking in this "Beyond" list? Again Steve's admonition pops up,
"Transparency bad - don't even try." I could spend the summer in Flagstaff
or be real busy at your star party coming up. Did you get a full quota for
it?

Jack