[AZ-Observing] Re: FWHM measurements for Phoenix skies, anyone?

  • From: Bob Erdmann <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:49:00 -0700

A lot of the Solar System objects are indeed best seen when the
background is not "inky" black.  Some of the best views of Saturn I have
had have been during twilight, or from my Tempe backyard, and not during
the dead of night at a "really dark site", so I can indeed understand
Pierre's comment.  I seems to be related to contrast ratio, and getting
just the right ratio for the object under observation which means having
a light polluted background for some objects.

/Bob