[AZ-Observing] Re: Dave Healy

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:45:14 -0400

Hello all;

I have had the pleasure to be the speaker at HAC over the years and spent
three or four nights using the 32 inch for viewing.  David was happy to
join in actually looking through that scope, a task he rarely took on.  I
always enjoyed his company when I visited southern Arizona.

My first chance to coorespond with David involved some articles he wrote
for Deep Sky Magazine in the 1980's.  We saw some photos he took with
great detail involved in areas of the Lagoon and Swan nebulae that were
rarely seen in photos of that time.  It was very nice to have photos that
showed what we were seeing visually.

His skills were exemplory and I very much enjoyed spending time with him.

David will be missed;
Steve Coe