[AZ-Observing] Comet Swan from Hovatter Road

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:35:45 -0700

Howdy all;

I have to get my photos developed, so we will see how they turned out later,
but I would like to report on Comet Swan from Hovatter Road this weekend.
It was just seen naked eye, averted vision was much better, right at the
limit over the sunset.

With the 8X42 binoculars it was a fairly small coma with a brighter middle
and averted vision make it larger in size.  Using Lynn Blackburn's 16 inch
with a 22mm Panoptic eyepiece it was very nice, the core was bright and
light green and the tail was longer than the field of view.

All in all, a good comet;

Steve Coe