<USS Avalon> The Journey Home

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:34:17 -0400

The Journey Home
By Captain Keith Ketchum

He sat silently on the bridge, the Octavius and the Tempest were gone.  The
device was on the core.  Controls for it's activation and transportation were
set to automatic.

Everything was in order.

"Crew of the Avalon, this is your Captain.  Prepare for a little turbulence.
We should be in our own time shortly."  He closed the comm.

Keith turned to Lieutenant Manson, who he put alot of trust on during this
mission.  "Lieutenant, let's go home."

"Aye, Captain", as Anthony activated the sequence.

The ship almost seemed to glow, as it started off at Warp One.

And just as soon as they started they were coming to a stop.

"Confirm our location and time.  Begin two minute countdown", Keith resounded
as soon as they were through.

All hands on the bridge were looking at readings and locating Starfleet time
probes.  They all seemed to chime in at once.

"Captain, we are back to our own time.  Just a couple minutes after we seemed
to have left."

"The status of the rift?"

"Gone."

"Then let's dispose of the device... Transport it to a safe distance."

On the viewscreen, the device appeared and then exploded.  The computer chimed,
"Two minute countdown complete."

"Engineering, status of the core?"

"Engineering here, Captain, the core is stable."

Keith seemed to recognize the voice, which he hadn't heard since they went back
in time, "Mr Thomas, is that you?"

Dodge replied, "Yes, sir.... who were you expecting Genghis Khan?"

"No, it's just that... well... time has a funny way of doing things.  Captain
out."

He smiled, a job well done, but then the thought of the lost crew came to mind.
 "Ms Waterson, lay in a course for Earth, Warp 2."

Keith opened the comm again, "Mr Sierra, you're on with what we talked about."

Another mission complete, and now to meet with Command on Earth.  And give the
crew a much needed break.